Re: Evolution mail; Dumb question but I need answer

In <[🔎] 1250783185.6443.5.camel@brutus.johnwfoster.info>, JW Foster wrote:
>I want to be able to "forward" some e-mails from evolution in Debian
>Lenny: WITH the images in them as inline: Is there a way to do this? I
>get some pretty funny stuff from my friends & want to send it to other
>friends, but every way I try the images get scragged out of the nessage.
>Yes most of them use Windows & this is not an issue with "outlook
>express" why evolution. I,ve checked my settings & tried every possible
>combination. Any ideas?

This is not a dumb question.

With email there are two worlds.  One is the world defined by existing email
transport standards and the various standards layered on top of them (from
MIME up).  The other is the world defined by what Microsoft products do.
Lossless communication between the two is virtually impossible, mainly
because the second world keeps changing what language they want to speak.

Evolution, KMail, and Mutt are first worlders.  Thunderbird and IceOwl are
first world translators.  Outlook and Outlook Express are second worlders
and they couldn't care less about talking to first worlders.

You might be able to find a 'Forward as Attachment' option in Evolution that
should preserve the email you were sent rather than quoting it into another
email.  Failing that, you might be able to do what you want in IceOwl.