Re: how to migrate request-tracker database from sqlite3 to mysql

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 10:18:49AM -0500, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> So, request-tracker uses a different table layout (schema) depending on what
> database server it is connecting to?  If so, you'll probably have to roll a
> one-off to translate from one to the other.  If not, please clarify.
>
> The one-off can probably be as simple has using the SQLite command-line
> tools to execute a select that matches each table in the MySQL schema.
> Then, you slightly munge the data into INSERT statements that you feed into
> MySQL with its command-line tools.

I've done that, but even if the import is successfull, there are areas of rt
that just do not work. Tables look almost the same, if I take the time to
convert some of the NULLs into 0. Since it doesn't work, there are some other
problems but I can't figure out what they are. I'm not much into programing
and not at all into perl, co before I go that way, I just figured I'd ask if
someone else faced the same problem of migration from sqlite to mysql and just
copy that:)

mk