Re: how to migrate request-tracker database from sqlite3 to mysql

In <[🔎] 20090819003737.GD2792@finrod>, Martin Kraus wrote:
>hi. I'm trying to migrate request-tracker3.6 database from sqlite to mysql
> on lenny.  Is there a way to export data from sqlite so they can be
> imported into mysql for request-tracker3.6?
>
>rt-dump-database doesn't export sqlite database and sqlite and mysql
> databases for rt are not compatible even if I dump sqlite database into
> sql and modify the file it can be imported into mysql.

So, request-tracker uses a different table layout (schema) depending on what
database server it is connecting to?  If so, you'll probably have to roll a
one-off to translate from one to the other.  If not, please clarify.

The one-off can probably be as simple has using the SQLite command-line
tools to execute a select that matches each table in the MySQL schema.
Then, you slightly munge the data into INSERT statements that you feed into
MySQL with its command-line tools.