Re: gnome-volume-manager problem

Wolodja Wentland wrote:
On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 23:57 +0100, AG wrote:

Has anyone else noticed that
/usr/lib/gnome-volume-manager/gnome-volume-manager is not working
after the recent apt-get update to testing?

Automounting is disabled in recent versions of g-v-m and is provided by
nautilus these days. This is unfortunate because nautilus will not work
as g-v-m before if started with --no-default-window or --no-desktop.

See [1] for a longer discussion on the subject.

with kind regards

    Wolodja Wentland

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2009/06/msg00744.html

Thanks for the info Wolodja

Personally, I think this sucks: g-v-m is deprecated (without any warning - certainly not visible from any recent updates I have run!) and GNOME provides a non-daemon alternative in Nautilus.  Whaat?  Perhaps it is just me, but this kind of action is hardly likely to enamour an already volatile reception of the DE by a user-base.

Following the thread you posted me to, how did you configure halevt and is that specific to your xmonad configuration or would it work for someone like me who uses the full-blown Gnome DE?

AG