Re: xen pci passthrough 2.6.26.2

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 08:10:33AM +0200, Marc Schröder wrote:
> Am Montag 17 August 2009 18:39:22 schrieb Andrew Sackville-West:
> >
> > looks like it's working, but obviously not. Have you seen this:
> >
> > http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/Assign_hardware_to_DomU_with_PCIBack_as_m
> >odule
> no, i dont. but this describe how i use pciback if this is build as a module.
> in debian kernel this is builtin.
>
> but in the wiki i found another article:
> http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/VTdHowTo
>
> is it true, that i need hardware support for pci passthrought? at the moment,
> i only use xen para-virtualization on non-vt-capable hardware (my test
> machine). in generally, is it possible on mainstream hardware to passtrough
> device to para-domU´s?

As I read that, it looks like an *option* for a different mechanism
for pciback. IOW, pciback should still work on conventional systems,
but could, on VT-d enabled system, use this different mechanism.

And that's the limits of my xen knowledge. good luck. I'll be
listening for a solution as my xen host hasn't been upgraded yet...