Re: Problems with making hardlink-based backups

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 03:11:47PM +0200, David wrote:
[...]
> Basically, rdiff-backup was perfect for a while. But then we upgraded
> the server to Lenny. And then it stopped working T_T. I think that
> rdiff-backup's author must have changed something, which now causes
> huge ram usage for large file lists, or other per-file data of some
> kind. imo that's unnecessary (it could just use something like a set
> of Python iterators in a clever way, or work with incremental file
> lists like rsync), but I didn't get any useful replies on their
> mailing list when I mentioned my problem and gave a few ideas.

I've had rdiff-backup fail because of mis-matched versions. Again, not
to belabor the obvious, but do you have compatible versions of
rdiff-backup on each machine? If you have compatible (i.e., the same)
versions on both ends and still have problems, then perhaps you should
file a bug report.