Re: Laptop dv6650br is getting so warm

Dne, 15. 08. 2009 22:37:35 je Hashimoto napisal(a):
> Or better, who has a HP laptop ? What's the CPU core temperature ? Is
> anything similar to mine ?
>
> Now it's running on 65C.
>

> On Sat, 2009-08-15 at 16:49 -0300, Hashimoto wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've the laptop hp dv6650br and it's getting so warm, when it's not
> > processing anything it's in more or less 59C. If I use anything
> like
> > virtualbox, or any heavy program it gets 75C or more.
> >
> > Does anyone know if it's normal? Does anyone has a similar laptop
> with
> > the processor Turion 64x2 ?
> >
> > Thanks !

I've got a HP laptop (Compaq 6715b with a Turion 64 dual core) and it's
running quite hot. When the CPU governor is set to PowerSave, it runs
at roughly 52 C, and when the CPU governor is set to OnDemand, it
easily reaches 90 C and more. Especially when the nspviewer.bin process
is running, which means -- virtually every time you run a graphical
browser... OpenGL games also make it run extremely hot. I've learned to
counter this by thoroughly
cleaning all the orifices of the laptop with a powerful vacuum cleaner
every month or two.
You'd never guess how much this can help. Just try it once and you'll
see.

P.S. I've also noticed that the laptop runs hotter when the free
graphics driver is used, as opposed to the proprietary ATI one.

--
Certifiable Loonix User 481801