Re: Iceweasel 3.5

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 11:26:47 +0200, Vincent Lefevre in gmane.linux.debian.user wrote:

>> >Hm sounds like a plan. Do you know offhand which Debian distro has 3.5.x ?
>>
>> If the experimental version needs to update a lot of libraries (many
>> experimental packages do), and you have a good reason to want to run
>> stable, I would instead suggest keeping with stable for almost all
>> apps, and installing a chroot environment to run the few
>> unstable/experimental apps you want in a more sandboxed environment.
>
> IMHO, this is a bit complex. As Debian is always late, is there
> any reason to use Iceweasel instead of Firefox from Mozilla's site
> (assuming no XUL* errors)?

That's the problem I'm running into Vincent; XUL libs with the binary I downloaded
from Mozilla.org

I just got Google Chrome going -- OK can't use Flash yet, but at least it's
pretty fast on this old laptop; faster than on my dual core x64
workstation. Go figure. Maybe I can pass on Iceweasel all toghether now.