Re: xserver-xorg won't start

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 17:37:04 +0200, Thomas Preud'homme in gmane.linux.debian.user wrote:
> Le lundi 10 août 2009 15:02:20, S. Fishpaste a écrit :
>> On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 01:46:58 +0200, Thomas Preud'homme in
> gmane.linux.debian.user wrote:

>> > These are only warning. Your X installation seems ok. Don't you have any
>> > display when you start x server ?
>>
>> Nope it locks up after attempting to load X. It won't allow me a console
>> prompt and I have to hit the power switch to escape.
>
> Ok so try installing packages x-ttcidfont-conf (for TrueType directory) and
> xfonts-cyrillic

Yup that was all done. Actually the problem was solved by appending 'no DDC'
(due to a bug in the video card that Toshiba used in this particular
laptop) to my xorg.conf. The puzzling thing is that no error is thrown
indicating such is a problem and I wouldn't have figured it out on my own
without the help of another fella whom had the same model.

I appreciate your time and everyone else's in helping me with this issue.