RE: Trying to boot Lenny after installation

Thanks for the advice Mark, I have tried flashing the BIOS to the latest version, I thought just maybe this might work alone but it didn't unfortunately and I still couldn't change the APIC = enabled setting. I have also tried resetting all BIOS and CMOS settings to 'Fail Safe Defaults' and 'Optimised Defaults' respectively, saving and rebooting but this doesn't work either. So I've reached another dead end at the moment, appreciate the help though!

I appreciate this is not a BIOS mailing list but has anyone got experience with Award BIOSs and/or changing the APIC setting (the BIOS won't let me change the setting currently)?

> From: mark@neidorff.com
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: Trying to boot Lenny after installation
> Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 16:50:40 -0400
>
> I don't claim to be a bois expert, but can you either totally reset the bios
> into a "default" mode or update the bios to a newer version so that you can
> change the apic setting?

Windows Live Messenger: Celebrate 10 amazing years with free winks and emoticons. Get Them Now