RE: Trying to boot Lenny after installation

The setting for APIC Mode (which is currently showing as 'enabled') in my BIOS appears in light blue with a cross next to it, meaning I cannot change it. This may be because I need to change another setting in order to be able to configure APIC Mode, I know this because this applies to some other settings.

Any idea what I might need to do in order to make APIC Mode available to configure? I have tried searching it but the only thing I came accross was something saying you cannot configure APIC mode once you have installed an operating system which makes no sense to me since the BIOS loads before any operating system and doesn't reside on the hard drive. I tried tricking the BIOS into thinking there was no operating system by disabling the hard drive but this didn't work and I wouldn't expect it to since how can the BIOS know whether an OS is installed anyway when it doesn't load information from the HD.

> From: mark@neidorff.com
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: Trying to boot Lenny after installation
> Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 08:36:00 -0400
>
> From the first boot, the code c0117b60 has to do with the apic system. Have
> you tried to change its settings in your bios (turned it off)? I don't have
> direct experience, but I did a google search for the code and came up with
> apic.

Windows Live Messenger: Happy 10-Year Anniversary—get free winks and emoticons. Get Them Now