Trying to boot Lenny after installation

Hi, I'm new to Debian and haven't posted to a mailing list for years so I hope I've posted to the right place, please point me in the right direction if not :)!

I tried to install Debian sometime ago and ultimately failed. I now have a lot more time on my hands to perservere and am determined to do everything I can to get it functioning and at least submit a bug report if not! Basically I have installed the latest graphical version of Lenny. The installation process runs without a hitch except for the fact it fails to detect my wireless network (I guess I need to install a driver but this doesn't concern me too much at this stage). But when I try to boot into Lenny for the first time this fails for a reason which is not immediately clear. I have attempted to boot 3 times and copied the last few lines of code that appear on the screen when doing so at the bottom of this message.

As a result of a previous post on Debian forums I have tried booting (without success) with:

noapic nolapic acpi=off ide=nodma
and also
noapic nolapic acpi=off noapm

I have also tried Squeeze and hit the same problems.

I have read the official Debian Lenny installation guide which states that if the installation process completes OK but Lenny then fails to boot then it is likely only a minor problem preventing the boot process. It suggests using rescue mode from the installation CD and seeking advice on how to do so. I have booted into rescue mode onto the partition on which Lenny is installed and this works OK.

So basically this is just to ask has anybody got any ideas on how to fix the installation in rescue mode or any other ideas on getting Lenny to boot?

Thanks in advance for any help, I have included my full system specs at the bottom of the message followed by the code that appears at the end of 3 boot processes.

Adam

System Details:

Bios: Phoenix - Award Bios D686 v6.00PG
Bios Date: 09/21/05
Video Bios Date: 11/22/05

Motherboard: Foxconn 915A03 (915A01-P/915A03-P/915P7AC)
Chipset (North Bridge): Intel Grantsdale Gi915GV
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3GHz
Memory: 1GHz DDR SDRAM (memory type correct I think!)

Graphics Card: nVIDIA GeForce 6200 (256mb cache / memory)
Hard Drive: Western Digital WDC WD1600JS-55NCB1
DVD RW Drive: Sony DVD RW DW-G1
Wireless PCI Card: Belkin Wireless G Desktop Card Version 7000uk (rev 700f)
Ethernet Adapter / Modem: Smartlink 2800 (do not use)

Boot 1:

EIP [<c0117b60>] kmap_atomic_prot+0x65xcc SS:ESP 0068:f6f2fe8c
---[end trace 71ac36db2592cbf ]--
note: udevd[1397] exited with preempt_count 1
Fixing recursive fault but reboot is needed!

Boot 2:

EIP: [<c011517c>] native_apic_write+0xe/0x11 SS:ESP 0068:f6f27b9c
--[end trace 65a860b8278944e7 ]--
Fixing recursive fault but reboot is needed!

Boot 3:

EIP: [<c011517c>] native_apic_write+0xe/0x11 SS:ESP 0068:f6f47dac
--[end trace 0b0cb169ac33a17b ]--

Celebrate a decade of Messenger with free winks, emoticons, display pics, and more. Get Them Now