Re: What is the best setup to compute in the burning hot sun?

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 11:39 PM, Tyler MacDonald<tyler@yi.org> wrote:
> My yard extends farther than I can piss - but not farther than I can run an
> extension cord.  It has a nice fir tree near that back.  Seems like a nice
> place to hang out and program, if I can see the screen clearly and not melt
> my interface to the digial universe.  I'll bring a jug of ice cold water and
> always keep another chilling in the fridge to keep my personal epidermal
> cooling system operational.

Don't forget, with the extension cord, you can put a fridge out there
by you as well.

You might look at some anti glare screens.  May make it harder to pair
program if you have someone come over.

If you haven't already, be sure to install some software to monitor
the internal temps, just so you can get a feel for what range they run
out during the day and such.  And keep the vents on the machine clear;
don't set it on towels and depending on how dusty, blowing out with
air every so often.  (Then again, with two cats, our laptops have more
problems inside.)

mrc