Re: What is the best setup to compute in the burning hot sun?

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 10:29:10PM -0700, Tyler MacDonald wrote:
> I want to set up a workstation in my back yard. I know it probably involves
> an umbrella and a laptop, and a power extension cable. I think that the
> laptop overheating may be a concern. Even with an umbrella, I'm worried that
> glare may be an issue too.

Hmm... I think you would be fine. If you could put your laptop on a Xpad
Slim.

http://www.xpad4laptop.com/

In a hammock, under an umbrella, I think you would be fine.  Most laptops
have a operational temp around 10 to 35C.

Well, might still some water cooling...

--
Dale Harris
rodmur@maybe.org