Re: What is the best setup to compute in the burning hot sun?

On 2009-08-01 01:39, Tyler MacDonald wrote:
Is that Canadian "burning hot" (80F), Arizona "burning hot" (115F,
10% humidity) or New Orleans "burning hot" (90F, 60% humidity)?

I'm in canada, and it's 32C which according to google is new orleans hot but
i have no idea about the humidity...

Anyway, why in God's name do you want to work in the burning heat,
when AC is pissing distance away?

My yard extends farther than I can piss - but not farther than I can run an
extension cord.  It has a nice fir tree near that back.  Seems like a nice
place to hang out and program, if I can see the screen clearly and not melt
my interface to the digial universe.  I'll bring a jug of ice cold water and
always keep another chilling in the fridge to keep my personal epidermal
cooling system operational.

If you don't start sweating from the oppressive humidity, and the laptop has a reasonably-accurate CPU temperature utility, then why not just go for it? 32C won't melt anything besides ice and chocolate...

One thing, though, that I've found useful: help air circulate by propping up the rear of the laptop with a short section of 2x4 or plywood.

Another thought: that water jug will attract condensation, and you're sure to get some on your fingers. How water-resistant is your kb?

--
Scooty Puff, Sr
The Doom-Bringer