Re: Package Version Numbers

On Sun, Aug 09, 2009 at 14:48 +1000, Jaime Tarrant wrote:
[... snip ...]
> You may, although it is not really essential if you also have release
> preferences configured as above, put the following in
> /etc/apt/apt.conf
> APT::Default-Release "stable";

Bug #97564 is finally fixed in apt 0.7.22, which kept users from using
codenames (lenny, squeeze, sid, ...) as "APT::Default-Release".

I would *strongly* suggest to use the actual codename of the debian
release you are running instead of "stable", "testing", "unstable", ...
as soon as the aforementioned apt version is installed on your system. This
will keep apt* from performing unexpected upgrades whenever testing
becomes stable.

with kind regards

    Wolodja Wentland