Re: dash download

On Sat, Aug 08, 2009 at 12:17 -0400, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> When the offer came up to install dash on my machine and I had a listen
> to the bug reports, I decided to do the installation but not make dash my
> default shell.  Everything on this amd64-k8 machine went without
> incident. I haven't yet tried chsh to find out what will happen but am in
> a position to do that on a throwaway account created for the purpose and
> find out.

I wouldn't use dash as my login shell, it lacks readline support which
I am relying heavily on and I'd be suprised to hear YMDV.

Dash is designed to be a POSIX compliant shell that should be run as
/bin/sh; iirc it lacks any features not necessary to achieve that goal.

Regs
  Siggy
--
Please don't Cc: me when replying, I might not see either copy.
               bsb-at-psycho-dot-informationsanarchistik-dot-de