Re: Etch to 5.0.2 upgrade failed - Encrypted filesystem will not boot

On Tue, Aug 04, 2009 at 18:50 -0500, lineman@halo.nu wrote:
> Hi -

> I have a Debian Etch system which I recently upgraded to v5.0.2.
> The file system was encrypted with LUKS at install time.

Please bear with me, I'm asking this out of curiousity.  Why did you
encrypt the full root FS?  I can understand that you want your $HOME
encrypted, to a lesser degree I can follow you even with /etc, /tmp
and /var, but why do you take the performance penalty on publically
available stuff?

I for my part use a single encrypted 256MB FS on a flash device
that fits into my vaio's 'MagicGate'.  That's plenty of room for
stuff I want to keep secret (i.e. no warez here :).

Thanks
  Siggy
--
Please don't Cc: me when replying, I might not see either copy.
               bsb-at-psycho-dot-informationsanarchistik-dot-de