Re: Etch to 5.0.2 upgrade failed - Encrypted filesystem will not boot

On Wednesday 05 August 2009 19:54:50 lineman@ruiner.halo.nu wrote:
> I tried configuring fstab to use the UUID from blkid, but I had the same
> problem.  Could the problem be that the SCSI drives are not coming up until
> cryptsetup has loaded?

  This could happen if the new kernel's initramfs doesn't have
the right modules, or if the module name has changed.

  It may be related to the "driver sd needs updating" thing, but
it seems to be contradicted by your observation that /dev/sda appears
to be present and functional from within the busybox shell.

  In principle, you should be able to run the commands to
set up the root FS from within the shell, have you tried that?
You might get a more informative error message.

				-- A.

--
Andrew Reid / reidac@bellatlantic.net