A customized debian distro using existing installation (Text-based installer)

Hello,

I'm working on a project for my graduation - creating a customized,
minimal debian distribution for installation on HP T5530 thin-clients
that have only 512MB Flash disk and 228MB RAM. I installed debian on one
thin-client using the NetInstallation disk of Lenny. I have been able to
limit the size of the installed system to 450MB with Xorg, firefox(not
iceweasel), ssh, feh and rdesktop with OpenBox combined with LXpanel and
iDesk forming the GUI. This configuration has more than met the basic
requirements of the project which required only firefox and basic GUI.
The entire exercise would be complete after tweaking the installation to
restrict unnecessary tinkering by users.

Now comes the main question:

-----------
Is there a way I can now take this installed system and create an
installation disk with a text-based installer?
In other words, I'd like to keep all the software I installed, removed
and configured during the entire  process, and must also include the
customized user permissions.
-----------

I say text-based installer since I would be creating a customized
preseed that would install the distro with little user intervention.
This is required since this would have to be installed on a number of
such thin-clients.

Resources on the internet talk about creating a live-cd from installed
systems, and I think I haven't managed to do a good job with google
search either, and hence this post. I'd really appreciate it if you
could direct me to appropriate resources on the web or any documentation
or even your own experience. I've really been learning a lot and I'm
more than ready for further learning.

Thanks for reading, and have a good day/night!