Re: A customized debian distro using existing installation (Text-based installer)

On 2009-08-05 01:54, Sanjay Varanasi wrote:
Hello,
[snip]

Now comes the main question:

-----------
Is there a way I can now take this installed system and create an
installation disk with a text-based installer?
In other words, I'd like to keep all the software I installed, removed
and configured during the entire  process, and must also include the
customized user permissions.
-----------

I say text-based installer since I would be creating a customized
preseed that would install the distro with little user intervention.
This is required since this would have to be installed on a number of
such thin-clients.

[snip]

Thanks for reading, and have a good day/night!

This ITP hasn't reached Unstable yet, but the "private" deb or upstream tarball *might* be what you are looking for.

--
Scooty Puff, Sr
The Doom-Bringer