Re: Musings on debian-user list

On Mon, Aug 03, 2009 at 10:22:28PM EDT, Jack Schneider wrote:

> Chris,

> I've found Compiz-fusion useful to keep multiple things going..
> ctrl-alt--> giving a new desktop quickly... YMMV.

> Jack

Jack, I'm sure it does.. and trust me, I also can spend time looking at
the screenshots, marveling at folks having spent so much talent, time,
energy building an interface whose usefulness I find debatable and
making such a great job of it.. But it's not just a matter of this stuff
requiring a lot more muscle than my pauper's hardware.. Once you've
configured it and played with it to your heart's content, beyond it's
sheer beauty, what capabilities does it provide that barebones X with a
few virtual desktops doesn't?

By "what capabilities", I'm asking you to provide examples of things
that you are able to do with C-F that I cannot do with plain X.. or
things that I can do in my setup that you can do "better" in yours.

CJ