Re: dot matrix printer unicode question

On 2009-07-31 16:01, PaulNM wrote:
On Fri, 2009-07-31 at 16:22 -0400, Jude DaShiell wrote:

Could unicode be the reason my Panasonic KX-p1123 printer prints garbage on sveral pages when I try printing out a 13 line long text file on Linux and that same file gets printed perfectly when done with a real dos computer? I have a printer queue set up which allows lpr and lp both to print garbage last time a sighted person took a look dollar signs question marks and very long lines of text were being printed. This is a grocery list with one item per line.

No , that sounds more like a newline / line carriage issue. Use
> dos2unix/unix2dos on text files when moving to/from Windows and
> Linux.

Good point.

Basicly dos doesn't recognize the newline characters.

It does, but only as it's ASCII mnemonic of LF.

--
Scooty Puff, Sr
The Doom-Bringer