Re: Can't retrieve online quotes with gnucash

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 12:13 PM, Andrew Sackville-West
> <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 05:14:01PM -0400, Bernard Fay wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Using GNUcash version 2.2.6 with Debian 5.0, I have the following
>> > message
>> > when I try to get online quotes for US stock exchanges:
>> >
>> > Unable to retrieve quotes for these items:
>> >   NYSE:C
>> >   NYSE:BAC
>> >   NYSE:F
>> >   NYSE:AIG
>> >   NYSE:HAR
>> >   NASDAQ:NOVL
>> > Continue using only the good quotes?
>> >

>> > So far, when I try to download quotes for the TSX, I don't have any
>> > problems.
>> >
>> > Does someone has a fix for this problem?

Have a look at this [1]. I had a problem setting this up also. It
turned out to be this bug [1] in finance::quote. I followed the remedy
laid out in the bug report have been retrieving quotes succesfully
ever since.

[1] http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=988268

--
Paul Lane