Re: Musings on debian-user list

On 28 Jul 2009, John Hasler wrote:
> Mark wrote:
> > When I feel adventurous one weekend I'll try a Debian install without the
> > desktop environment.
>
> Ron Johnson writes:
> > But what will you *do* with it?  Mutt will frustrate you to no end, and
> > the intarweb has become too graphics-oriented to make lynx/elinks widely
> > useful.
>
> "No desktop environment" does not mean no graphics (nor does it mean no X).
> There _is_ life outside CDE, KDE, and Gnome.
> --
> John Hasler

Quite agree about desktop environments. Surprised no one has mentioned
Icewm; I try other WMs from time to time but always come back to Icewm
with a sense of relief.

Incidentally, the same comments apply to mutt. What's wrong with it?

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
and sceptical articles)