Re: Musings on debian-user list

On  0, Mark <mamarcac@gmail.com> wrote:
> If it's any consolation, I'm a newbie and I actually chose Debian as my first
> real Linux install even though I heard it was tougher for newbies to learn.�
> To me it represented one of the purest distros of Linux and I don't mind
> putting in the time/research.� A few days ago I installed Ubuntu on the
> girlfriend's laptop and my (admittedly very limited) Debian knowledge came in
> handy.� I even chose "Clearlooks" under Preferences->Appearance for her
> laptop, so that she gets accustomed to a standard Debian Gnome desktop
> environment as it is my plan to eventually get her over to Debian.� Muahahaha
> (evil laugh).
>
>    Mark

It's not really tougher, it just takes more time to make work. Which isn't
necessarily a bad thing (the end user has a lot more say in how his system
works). But really, what does Clearlooks have to do with Debian's user
friendliness? I don't even think most Debian users use GNOME -- I know I don't.

--
		  http://fuzzydev.org/~pobega
		    http://identi.ca/pobega