Re: Musings on debian-user list

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 11:09:59 -0700
Mark <mamarcac@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

> When I feel adventurous one weekend I'll try a Debian install without
> the desktop environment.  I think this email list is filled with
> people very comfortable using no desktop environment, but for those
> of us raised on Windoze it takes some time to transition over.  :)
>
> Mark

In the meantime you might like and make use of Peter Garrett's INX.
(Sorry, it's Ubuntu-based, not _strictly_ Debian):
"INX Is Not X" based on Ubuntu 7.04 Live CD: http://inx.maincontent.net

It has been a great help to me and may serve you well.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
I have seen the future, and it is just like the present, only longer.
		Kehlog Albran, "The Profit"