Re: Musings on debian-user list

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 9:25 AM, ghe<ghe@slsware.com> wrote:
> On 7/28/09 5:30 AM, Neal Hogan wrote:
>
>> Should I be nice, in the sense that I make
>> sure to be polite
>
> Yes.
>
>> when I suggest that someone read the docs (that have
>> been painstakingly (sp?) put together)?
>
> There are some, myself included, who haven't yet come across or have been
> unable to find said documentation. A polite RTFM with a link isn't asking
> too much.
>
> --
> Glenn English
> ghe@slsware.com
>

> --

In my own experience I found such responses upsetting in my initial
Linux challenges until I equated it with "just a sign of the times"
words and actions like polite, considerate and respect have lost their
meaning in a segment of our society.
When was the last time as an example you heard a response like yes sir
or no sir except in the military where they have something called a
code of conduct..
Merely the 2 cents of a 77 year old who no longer marvels at the
downside of progress!

Allen Meyers
texas.chef94@gmail.com