Re: Musings on debian-user list

On Mon,27.Jul.09, 16:53:54, Tim Beauregard wrote:
> I recently re-subscribed having been off for about four years.  The
> changes I have noticed are:
>
> 1. Much less traffic.  I previously got 250+ posts per day.  Now 50-100.
>  Could this be due to the development of ubuntu?

If you look at the traffic charts you will notice a big decrease after
some big OT flamewars (anyone remember sponge-bob?). Unfortunately the
list also lost some good posters then...

> 3. Less digression, and if it occurs, it dies out in a day or two.
> Previously it could go on for weeks, particularly if a political agenda
> develops.

See above.

> 5. Less newbie posts.  Ubuntu?
> 6. Less configuration questions.  Could this be due to improvement of
> the kernel and included libraries?

In the 3+ years I've been with Debian I've seen *great* improvements in
user-friendliness.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)