Safest maintenance of a sid system

Hi

Having recently upgraded to sid, I want to try to ensure that I am able to maintain a more or less stable system under those circumstances and in the full knowledge that, by definition, sid is unstable and may be subject to breakages.

With this in mind, what do the more experienced sid users do in terms of the daily updates of packages that come through - for example - the Update Notification? I know that sidux users rely on some scripts - sxmi and sgfi (??) I think - but I wonder if that is what native sid users rely on or do you have your own recipes for maintaining reasonable stability? For example, the use of scripts such as those from sidux, or not doing a daily system update or ... ?

Thanks for any tips/ steers.

AG