Re: Safest maintenance of a sid system

AG writes:
> With this in mind, what do the more experienced sid users do in terms of
> the daily updates of packages that come through - for example - the
> Update Notification?

Nothing.  I make no attempt to "track" Unstable.  I keep an eye on what's
new and what is being reported broken on debian-devel and upgrade
individual packages when I see a need for the new version (security,
enhanced functionality).  Occasionally, when things are looking
particularly stable and I have some time I do a dist-upgrade.  I haven't
had anything break in years.  Of course, I don't use a "desktop
environment"...
--
John Hasler