Re: Back up routines

On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 19:48:50 +0100
AG <computing.account@googlemail.com> wrote:

Hello AG,

> Thanks for your thoughts.

You're welcome.

> I am a home user with a small 3 workstation LAN.  The IDE HDD that I

Pretty much the same here.  There's several years worth of family
history data I'd rather not lose, hence my back up strategy.

> am thinking of using as the back-up target is physically separate from
> my machine (in an enclosure connected with a USB cable from my

That still puts it in the same room, I suspect.  At least you can
disconnect it, though.

> machine).  I could back up to DVDs, but given my machine's dubious
> relationship with my DVDCDROM drive (see my previous posts on this
> theme) that seems like the less reliable option.

I don't recall reading that, but under the same circumstances, I@d be
inclined to agree with your assessment.

--
 Regards  _

Well I don't want you to think I'm being obscene
Fish - The Damned