Re: There is no signal coming from your computer..

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 06:29:34PM +0200, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

> Another debian-user reported having similar problems. In the morning when I get in, I do not have any problems. This seems to only appears on a shorted breaks. And my dell 2709W / DisplayPort clearly state: "There is no signal coming from your computer..."

Afair that happened to me when I was using a graphics card that didn't
have a HDMI output on a Hannspree HF289H. It was working fine until
DPMS would become active.

DPMS turns off the signal the graphic card sends to turn off the
display. The signal is turned back on when you type on the keyboard or
move the mouse. Apparently the monitor didn't "realize" that the
signal from the graphics card was back and remained turned off and
continued to insist that there's no signal from the graphics card.

Check your combination of monitor and graphics card --- if you can't
fix/change that, you can try to turn off DPMS (disable it in xorg.conf
or maybe use xset to turn it off) and see what happens.