Re: There is no signal coming from your computer..

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 5:36 PM, Bob McGowan<bob_mcgowan@symantec.com> wrote:
mathieu.malaterre@gmail.com wrote:
Hi there,

 Everytime I go out for lunch and comes back to my desk I cannot get the
screen to wake up. Apparently typing on the keyboard does not send any
signal from the computer to the screen.

Using:
- debian 5.0
- dell precision T7500
- Display/Port cable

Thanks,

If the computer is just using a screen saver, then keyboard input would
be all that's needed to "wake" it up.

So, perhaps the system has been configured to suspend or hibernate.  To
get it back up, you need to press the 'power on' button.  The system
will find an image, either in RAM or in the swap partition, and will
reload it.

Another debian-user reported having similar problems. In the morning when I get in, I do not have any problems. This seems to only appears on a shorted breaks. And my dell 2709W / DisplayPort clearly state: "There is no signal coming from your computer..."

I'll see if I can use the 'Input Source' from the screen panel to wake the sceen up, without having to shut it down and then shut it up again.

Thanks anyway
--
Mathieu