Re: There is no signal coming from your computer..

mathieu.malaterre@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi there,
>
>  Everytime I go out for lunch and comes back to my desk I cannot get the
> screen to wake up. Apparently typing on the keyboard does not send any
> signal from the computer to the screen.
>
> Using:
> - debian 5.0
> - dell precision T7500
> - Display/Port cable
>
> Thanks,

If the computer is just using a screen saver, then keyboard input would
be all that's needed to "wake" it up.

So, perhaps the system has been configured to suspend or hibernate.  To
get it back up, you need to press the 'power on' button.  The system
will find an image, either in RAM or in the swap partition, and will
reload it.

--
Bob McGowan
Symantec, Inc.