Re: new to debian need help with fonts rendering (?)

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 21:36:34 +0200, Giuseppe Marinelli wrote:

> This is something I have been coping with since my switch to Linux. I
> tried multiple font types (DejaVu, Bitstream, Liberation) and multiple
> configurations but I have not managed to get a decent font rendering
> yet.
>
> The present configuration consists of the Liberation fonts with
> autohinter enabled, subpixel rendering enabled and bitmap fonts disabled
> but I don't find the rendering good enough.

What puzzles me the most is the fact that I'm running both Ubuntu and
Debian on the same very hardware, using now the same video driver, and in
both cases using the  same fonts and settings, but in Ubuntu I do not
have any problems with fonts at all.