Re: Maintaining personal backports

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 09:33:36PM +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:

> > > Maybe it's easier to parse the output of 'apt-cache showsrc'.
> >
> > That would help. Thanks again, Andrei.
>
> How about adding deb-src line in chroot pointing to unstable archive?
>
> Then apt-get source "any-binary" will run in chroot to get pertinent

I am not sure how this would help, as I run apt-get source outside of
the chroot, right?

> I think adding some version using "dch" should help reduce version name
> confusion of build package.  dch is in devscript.

I was also thinking about an automated dch to increase the version to
something like ${VER}~mybpo1, or some such thing. I leave it to you to
suggest some sane method my which this can be achieved.

Thanks for all the help, and I hope people find this useful.

Kumar