Re: Maintaining personal backports

On Wednesday 22 July 2009 08:02:09 Kumar Appaiah wrote:

> > > That would help. Thanks again, Andrei.
> >
> > How about adding deb-src line in chroot pointing to unstable archive?
> >
> > Then apt-get source "any-binary" will run in chroot to get pertinent
>
> I am not sure how this would help, as I run apt-get source outside of
> the chroot, right?
>
> > I think adding some version using "dch" should help reduce version name
> > confusion of build package.  dch is in devscript.
>
> I was also thinking about an automated dch to increase the version to
> something like ${VER}~mybpo1, or some such thing. I leave it to you to
> suggest some sane method my which this can be achieved.

using ~ decreases the version.

Try this:
dpkg-source -x  dscfile
pushd $src-$ver
dch -l mybpo
dpkg-buildpackage -S (It's rare, but sometimes you may need a builddep
installed for this, such as po4a).
popd
dupload $src-$newver_source.changes
cowbuilder $src-$newver.dsc (use -B for DEBBUILDOPTS in pbuilderrc)

--
Thanks:
Joseph Rawson