Re: Grub2 made my systeum unbootable

On 21 Jul 2009, Micha Feigin wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 15:55:21 +0300
> Γιώργος Πάλλας <gpall@ccf.auth.gr> wrote:
>
> > Anthony Campbell wrote:
> > > Rashly, after today's upgrade I followed the exhortation in the grub
> > > legacy package to move to grub2. I now cannot boot at all; I just get
> > > the message "Grub" and nothing more.
> > >

> Don't remember now about the boot message from grub, need to look, but if it
> says grub instead of grub 2 in may be that the files installed are from grub2
> but the boot sector itself is grub ...

I think this may be what happened. The first time I booted after the
change to grub2 it was OK, but there was a message at the top saying I
could or should do "update-grub--- something or other" to install it in
the boot sector. I did that and then the problem appeared. I'm trying
to find a way back but I fear the worst.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
and sceptical articles)