Re: Grub2 made my systeum unbootable

Anthony Campbell wrote:
Rashly, after today's upgrade I followed the exhortation in the grub
legacy package to move to grub2. I now cannot boot at all; I just get
the message "Grub" and nothing more.

Looking at /boot/grub with my rescue disk I see all sorts of files I
don't recognize but no menu.lst.
Is there any way to restore things? Please don't tell me I have to
reinstall!

Anthony

You don't have to re-install your system, that's for sure.
Since you chose to upgrade to grub2, spend some time reading its documentation and then from a live cd that supports grub2 try to make it function. Needless to say, you can always revert back to legacy grub and rewrite menu.lst (I can't understand who deleted that). No worries though, your system is there, waiting for the right bootloader config in order to boot again...

G.