Re: [NOT SOLVED, BUT PROGRESS] Failure to boot after failed resume from s2something

On Thursday 16 July 2009 22:33:44 John wrote:
> On (16/07/09 20:55), Andrew Reid wrote:

> |   I dimly recall setting the resume partition in the initramfs.conf
> | process somewhere, but can't seem to find documentation about that
> | now.
>
> I've looked at that documentation, without finding anything
> helpful. /etc/initramfs-tools.conf.d/resume is set to the proper resume
> partition. I can s2ram successfully from the one working kernel, but
> of course can't experiment with the others because they won't boot.

  Here's another thought -- what happens if you boot to
single-user mode (or to a rescue disk) and re-run "mkswap" on
that swap partition?   This ought to blitz the troublesome
resume image that's on there, and possibly allow the system to
boot cleanly.

				-- A.
--
Andrew Reid / reidac@bellatlantic.net