Re: [NOT SOLVED, BUT PROGRESS] Failure to boot after failed resume from s2something

On Thursday 16 July 2009 12:36:57 John wrote:

> So my questions are:
>
> 1) How does one get rid of an old s2disk/hibernate setting that
> demands to run "PM: Starting manual resume from disk"?
> 2) Can update-initramfs be instructed to ignore that old setting?
> 3) Ideally, can this problem be addressed from within the busybox:
> (initramfs)
> into which one is dumped when trying to do it the wrong way/

  Have you tried booting with "noresume"?  The theory on this
is that this should entirely bypass the resume process, so it
won't matter what's in your resume partition.

  I dimly recall setting the resume partition in the initramfs.conf
process somewhere, but can't seem to find documentation about that
now.

				-- A.
--
Andrew Reid / reidac@bellatlantic.net