USB keyboard fails in 5.01 - please help!

Just installed Debian 5.01 and my USB keyboard is not recognized. It
works fine in Microsoft Windows Vista. I think it is an issue with
newer kernels because I also tried it with Ubuntu 9.04  and same
problem (keyboard's green status light never comes on - even during
entire boot process as it normally would).

I really want to use this and not my junky 10 year old PS/2 keyboard
so I'd really appreciate *any* help.

Here is the keyboard info:

Logitech Deluxe 250 Keyboard
M/N: Y-UL76
P/N: 867675-0403
PID: BT909DF1068

It says it is a "Vista qualified" keyboard.

Zach