Re: To mirror a huge tree...

---- Paul E Condon <pecondon@mesanetworks.net> wrote:
> On 2009-07-15_23:53:27, ron.l.johnson@cox.net wrote:
[snip]

> So you have 600/630 = 95% of the job done. To finish, I suggest rsync starting with
> this as the destination of the copying. Even if the source data is changing a bit
> from day-to-day, I'm sure the great bulk of it is static. Keep repeating the rsync

Who knows how many silent corruptions the FW drivers were slipping into the files.

> update until you get a clean, no descrepancies, run. Switching to a different disk
> interface standard (and abandoning the existing 95% solution (?) ) makes no sense to me.

Sure it does, since how could I be sure that there was no underlying h/w issue?

Copying it all thru the USB subssystem demonstrated that it wasn't a h/w fault.  Or at least maybe the USB system is "better" at hiding faults.