Re: X performance issues

2009/6/27 Sridhar M.A. <mas@mylug.org>:
> On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 10:38:20AM +1000, Lachlan wrote:
>   >
>   > can you send me your xorg.conf and /var/log/Xorg.0.log so i can
>   > compare yours to mine?
>   > i'll do some more testing with UXA on/off but that's what fixed it for
>   > me right up.
>   >
> Attaching them.

if you're using compiz i'd edit out the composite "enable" section and try that

BUT

the big thing i see thing i see is that even with the uxa line
commented out your xserver still enables it on your system
"(--) intel(0): Using UXA for acceleration"

add the line
Option   "AccelMethod"   "exa"
to your xorg.conf and see if it changes back to exa acceleration

it looks like UXA may still be the culprit.

> I also noticed that DontZap has no effect. Setting it to either Off or
> False, I still cannot kill the X using Ctrl-Alt-BS.

same here but i never bothered to look at that yet, my xserver has
been a little quirky this week.