Re: Services / Runlevel editor

Allen writes:
> I just can't seem to find much to let me work on services that doesn't
> involve the process of shutting them all off by hand.

> So is there an application you guys use for Debian to turn processes off
> and on?

Could you clarify?  I can't quite work out what you mean by "shutting them
all off by hand" or what sort of a tool you want.  What are you trying to
achieve?  Perhaps sysvconfig would do what you want.  It includes a
runlevel editor and a "service" script.

BTW why are you installing servers you don't need running?
--
John Hasler