Services / Runlevel editor

Hey all,

The last month or so I've been using Debian more and more. I normally
use SUSE and Slackware for Linux, and also FreeBSD,and Windows XP Home
Edition on my machines.

I have two main desktop systems that I use for working on music, and
also for email, and another desktop I use for an FTP server with SSH,
and another desktop for just mail, and then two laptops for doing the
same thing I do on Desktops but in a different way.

Now that I'm done rambling so that I could explain my set up and what I
do normally, here is my question:

In SUSE, I'd use YAST2 and open the Runlevel editor so I could set up
what I wanted as far as running processes, and shut off servers I didn't
need running. In Slackware I just didn't set up many by default and only
started what I wanted, but on Debian, what are the tools available for this?

I started using Debian more and more after being VERY impressed with
5.0.1 and though I've used it before (3.0R0 and 3.1) I didn't really
stick with it. But with this new release, I wanted to try it out because
I needed a new OS for a desktop and wanted a stable one that wasn't
going to be a pain, and once the Debian Install was downloaded, I
installed it right away, and was impressed not only with how nice Debian
still is, but the new tools out there are awesome.

I just can't seem to find much to let me work on services that doesn't
involve the process of shutting them all off by hand.

So is there an application you guys use for Debian to turn processes off
and on? Any help is appreciated, thanks much, and Hope this wasn't to long,

-Allen