Re: is it possible to install a desktop-manager without python and perl?

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 01:16:10AM +0300, Micha Feigin wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 13:17:33 +0100
> Tom Furie <tom@furie.org.uk> wrote:

> > > 100s of lines of C code? how about drop the 100 lines into a function?
> >
> > You still need to put those 100s of lines of code in somewhere.
>
> Thats not my problem. Even with python the 100s of lines are there behind the

I naver said it was your problem, I was responding to 明覺. My point
being that for him to drop those 100's of lines into a function and be
able to make it a one line function call, those 100's of lines of code
still have to be produced.

The thing with higher level languages, libraries, etc. is those 100's or
1000's of lines of code are all still there but someone else has done
the grunt work, and we get a nice easy way to make use of it.

Cheers,
Tom

--
Fay: The British police force used to be run by men of integrity.
Truscott: That is a mistake which has been rectified.