Re: is it possible to install a desktop-manager without python and perl?

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 09:18:16 +0800
明覺 <shi.minjue@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 10:18 PM, John Hasler<jhasler@debian.org> wrote:
> > 明覺 writes:
> >> yes, currently it's true, but I hope one day I will be able to take full
> >> control of my system, and modify them as i like, if I have those other
> >> language programmed softwares installed in my system, it will be hard to
> >> maintain for me.
> >
> > If learning enough of another language to do maintainence is hard for you
> > you aren't much of a programmer.  Programming is not about knowing a
> > language.
> Yes, language is just a tool, so I want to keep my tool simple and
> powerful, I do not want so many similar tools with the same functions.

What you are saying is that you just don't want tools around.

First of all they don't have the same function (and if you'd use them you'd
know). And if you knew something you would know that c may be powerful but it
is far from simple. There are things you can do in python in one line that you
would need 100s of lines of code with c.

Don't try to kill a fly with a cannon, or to quote I don't remember who:
"c is a language that has the power of assembly and the ease of use of assembly ..."