Re: [OT] Linksys wireless router on debian

2009/6/25 Johannes Wiedersich <johannes@physik.blm.tu-muenchen.de>:
> Raffaele Morelli wrote:
>> 2009/6/25 Jochen Schulz <ml@well-adjusted.de>:
>>> Raffaele Morelli:

>>> Yes, I do. I am running OpenWrt on it, though.

> Without following this thread to great detail, I think there are two
> points in question:
> - configure your WRT device to work with your existing dsl modem
> - configure your debian boxen to work with your device
>
> Where exactly are you stuck in this process?

Actually I am not stucked still, but I expect I surely will

> How did you configure the WRT?

I am going to use it as a router connected to the dsl modem, i.e.

1. assign a static ip to the WRT in the range of 192.168.1.0/24 but
different from the one of DSL modem
2. disable dhcp and routing on the WRT
3. connect the internet to the DSL modem and connect the WRT to the
modem using the eth ports (not the internet port on the WRT)
4. connect my debian box to the WRT and use dhcpclient to obtain a
valid ip address tunnelled to the WRT by the DSL modem

> Johannes

regards
-r